Monday, August 15, 2011

The beginning of my motherhood...part 1

I have not blogged in so long, I don't even know where or how to start...when they say "a baby changes everything"...it is the truth. It's funny though...I don't miss my old life at all. Even though somedays I do miss sleeping in, taking long showers, and just having time to do what I want. I miss living in the country and training/riding my horses and living near my family...I had to sacrifice those things so we could move to a place where my husband could find a job and so we could afford to let me be a stay-at-home mom and raise our children. That was always my plan...to be a wife, mother, and homemaker...I thought I would get to raise my children in the country, but I guess God had another plan. Maybe to teach me something...it seems God is always trying to teach me patience and to learn to wait for the things I desire. I was married 9 years before I had children. In those years I always wanted children...I waited, hoped, prayed, and longed to have a baby, but there was so many other circumstances keeping me from my deepest desire. It had nothing to do with trying and not being able to get pregnant, no it was healing from an abusive past, money/job situations, and a husband who had to be on the road a lot. We were so excited and happy when my husband was able to finally get a job where he did not have to travel anymore. It was one of the things we were waiting for, because children need a daddy at home, not gone all the time, so when he got the job, I hoped that finally my dream of becoming a mother would come true and it wasn't long...even though it took longer than I expected or realized, but I was soon pregnant and than here we were far away from home, we had a job, but not much money, because the job was new we didn't get paid much at first, so we became stuck out here, we hadn't even finished moving all our stuff from our house...no place to live, no place to call our own, miles away from our farm. Thankfully we did have my husband's family who took us in for awhile, which was interesting trying to live with in-laws, that is another story of lessons learned and hurt feelings. Than we lived in a motel for awhile, which was tough, but God is good and soon He worked out living situation for us. Some people heard our plight and offered to let us borrow thier travel trailer. It was not what I wanted for my new baby on the way and not what I would have chose and for sure not what I always had dreamed and imagined my life would be like when I thought of having children, but at the time it was better than what we had. So just a few months before my baby boy was born, we moved into an old, used, but clean travel trailer. (I made sure of that...cleaning and nesting like crazy with a huge pregnant belly right before the baby came, because the trailer might have been a gift, but it was a very dirty gift...lol) Slowly but surely we made it into "home" and prayed we would soon be able to find a decent place to live, before our baby became a toddler and started needing more room to run and play. We lived in that trailer for 1 year and 6 months. Our son did become a toddler before we could find and afford a place, but again God knew what He was doing and just when I didn't think I could handle living with a energetic toddler in that trailer anymore, he provided us with a better home. I prayed for a house with at least two bedrooms, a back yard for my son to have room to run and play, and a bath tub, because he was growing out of the sink in the trailer where I had to bathe him. And God answered all my prayers and we were able to find a decent house in town with all those things, plus affordable rent. (later I wished I'd prayed for washer and dryer hook-ups on the same level, instead of having to go outside and downstair to the basement to do laundry...lol. Even though just having a washer and dryer was a wonderful blessing instead of having to do laundry at the RV parks laundrymat...ugh that was not fun with a new baby.) I don't know why I always worried though, because God always worked everything out, if I just waited patiently in His time...like the song says "In His time, in His time, He makes all things beautiful in His time, Lord please teach me everyday as Your showing me Your way that You do just what You say, In Your time, In Your time..." But my lessons and struggles were not over yet...God still had more to teach me in the area of waiting, patience, and trusting Him...I'll write more about that later...Thanks for reading and excuse the errors...God Bless!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome and heartfelt . thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis, that was beautiful! So glad you are blogging...makes me want to take it up again too. But then I'd be the copycat little sister...lol. Love your background on here too...so you!

    ReplyDelete