Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Healthy Green Smoothie

I've seen at least 4 blogs with recipes for this "green" smoothie drink. I kept wanting to try making it and finally today I had a chance. It was so tasty and healthy too! I've had store-bought green juices before, but not in a smoothie form and homemade with all the fiber still in it. There is many various recipes I've seen for this, but I came up with my own recipe and used what I happened to have on hand. I'm excited to try some other combinations too! ~My Green Smoothie Recipe~
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup frozen peaches (or pears, blueberries, etc...)
1 cup of plain almond milk (some people use juice or soy milk)
1 huge handful of raw spinach leaves (could add kale or other greens)
a few raspberries...would have put in more, but my son was eating
them up...lol
(some recipes had a sweetener of some kind...I didn't think it needed it.)
Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth.
In spite of the healthy greens this is very delicious!!
My son (who will eat raw spinach) wasn't too sure at first about the
color, but when he finally tried it, he loved it and gulped it down
and agreed it was yummy! :-)

Enjoy! One of my inspirations...love her blog... http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.housewifeintown.com%2F2011%2F10%2Fspinach-and-kale-smoothie-with-pear.html&h=1AQB88AEc
If you've made green smoothies before, what do you like to put in them?
~Crystal Dawn...Homemaker and Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a great picture of him gulping it down!! :) Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete