Thursday, November 3, 2011

Buttermilk Cheese Biscuits

I love biscuits! That's all I'm going to say about that...lol. My husband loves breakfast food for dinner, so this was a recipe with a fun twist and the cheese made the biscuits slightly more "dinnerish" and they were so yummy!
~Buttermilk Cheese Biscuits~
Ingredients:
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup shortening (I used butter)
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
3/4 cup buttermilk
Directions: In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Rub in shortening (or butter) until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese. Add buttermilk; stir just until dough clings together. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough lightly until easy to handle. Roll into a 12-in. circle. Cut biscuits. Place biscuits on a greased baking sheet.
Bake 450 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm!

~Crystal Dawn...Homemaker and Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Oh, they look gorgeous! I'm going to grab this recipe and stash it in my recipes folder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! My Mom makes similar biscuits.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete