Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Recipes/Food Blog

This is my first attempt at a food blog, I've had people tell me I should start one...I just finished filling up a cookbook I've been adding and collecting recipes for since early in my marriage, so I've been thinking about blogging some recipes lately and keep trying to do a food blog, so here goes...As most of you know I love gardening and baking...I've also started to enjoy cooking, especially with our garden produce. I also like taking photos, so I thought a food blog would be a fun way to include all those things.
I've been getting a good amount of zucchini from my garden recently.

My mother-in-law gave me a delicious zucchini recipe and it's one of my husband's favorite meals and the other one I came up with myself. Also a recipe a friend gave me quite awhile back.


























~Zucchini Rice Bake Recipe~
3 cups shredded zucchini

3 cups cooked white rice

1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese

1 can cream of celery soup

2 eggs

1/2 cup chopped onion

I always try and add in some fresh herbs, my favorite in this recipe is oregano.

Mix and spread in casserole baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.

















~Zucchini and Tofu over Rice~

Cooked white rice

Chopped and breaded zucchini

Diced firm tofu

Herbs of your choice

drizzle of Braggs Aminos



~Zucchini Patties~

2 cups shredded zucchini

1 onion

1 cup season bread crumbs

2 beaten eggs

2 TBS mayonnaise

1 1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash

Mix and form into balls...roll in extra bread crumbs and mash into patties.

Fry on both sides in skillet, until brown on both sides.


Also we have an abundance of fresh herbs...oregano, sweet basil, thyme, and rosemary...I love cooking with herbs, such a wonderful aroma, so here is some more meals I've been preparing for my family. (Our tomatoes have just started to ripen in our garden too, so I'm excited to try this recipe with my fresh tomatoes soon!)

~Pasta with tomato and sweet basil~

Cooked pasta of your choice

1 cup of chopped tomato

3 tsp olive oil

1/4 tsp dried or fresh sweet basil
1/4 tsp salt

1 cup grated mozzarella cheese

grated Parmesan cheese

Mix together in a bowl all the ingredients and than add the mixture to the cooked pasta.

Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.



~Vegan Tofu Stuffed Shells~

1 jar pasta sauce

15 jumbo pasta shells/cooked

Mix together:

1 TBS fresh or dried basil herb

1/4 cup dried parsley (or fresh)

1 to 2 minced/sauteed fresh garlic cloves or TBS garlic powder

1 pound regular tofu/mashed

1 TBS onion powder

1 tsp salt

Spread some of the sauce on bottom of greased baking dish.

Spoon the tofu mixture into the cooked shells. Arrange and add 1/2 cup

of water to remaining sauce and pour stripes over top of shells.

Bake at 350 degrees until pasta sauce is bubbly, about 25 minutes.

(cheese lovers optional: sprinkle with parmesan cheese)

In photo as you can see I served it with fresh green beans and cucumber from my garden:

Photo of my herbs: Photo of one of my garden zucchini:





I plan to do "how to" real food blogs with photos and everything with these recipes eventually whenever I get the chance. :-)

1 comment: