Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Vegan Tofu Stuffed Shells Recipe

This is one of my family's favorite vegan dishes...simple, easy, healthy, and delicious...this is the first time I've made this recipe using the homemade pasta sauce I cooked with tomatoes from my garden.
I scored and blanched the tomatoes and peeled and chopped them up.

Next I sauted 1/4 cup oil, one chopped onion, and two minced garlic cloves...added tomatoes and let simmer with lid on for at least 30 minutes.

After sauce was done cooking, I added chopped fresh basil and oregano from my garden...

~Vegan Tofu Stuffed Shells Recipe~

Ingredients:

Jumbo Pasta Shells (cooked)

1 pound firm tofu (mashed)

1 TBS fresh or dried basil herb

1/4 cup dried parsley (or fresh)
1 to 2 minced/sauted garlic cloves or 1 TBS garlic powder

1 TBS onion powder

1 tsp sea salt

Mix all together...this time I added fresh chopped spinach, thanks to my sister's good idea...

Spread some of the sauce on bottom of baking dish...spoon and stuff the cooked shells with the tofu mixture.. Arrange and than pour the rest of sauce over top.


This pic is the one with my homemade sauce...Bake at 350 degrees until pasta sauce is bubbly, about 25 minutes.

This pic is the one with store-bought sauce and veggies from my garden.

~Crystal Dawn...Homemaker and Mommy~

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I can't believe you made your own sauce. Love it. Looks delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crystal, I'm trying to figure out how to comment on your blog....
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal, are you a total vegan? If so, I'm wondering if you could recommend a good egg substitute for me. I'd love to try making some of those yummy patties and nut-loafs that I remember from the SDA potlucks when I was a kid. They need something to hold them together, but I don't like to use eggs because they creep me out ;)

    ReplyDelete