Thursday, September 15, 2011

Savory Casserole Recipe

This is a simple and easy vegetarian casserole recipe that I've been making for over 12 years...it is so yummy!
~Savory Casserole Recipe~
Ingredients:
1 chopped onion
2 cups seasoned crumbs
1 carton cottage cheese (vegans try using mashed tofu instead)
3 eggs
1 TBS McCays "chicken style" seasoning
1 cup chopped almonds
3 TBS oil
(sometimes I like to add herbs...if you know me you won't be surprised...lol)
First saute the onion and oil in skillet...Mmmm I love the smell of onion cooking...

In bowl add the seasoned crumbs, like my little helper is doing...
You can chop whole raw almonds or buy sliced almonds like these...



Mix all the ingredients together...

Put in casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 1/2 hour until brown...

I love to make my homemade mashed potatoes and gravy from scratch and green peas to serve with this casserole which turns this into one of my favorite "comfort" meals!! ~Crystal Dawn...Homemaker and Mommy

1 comment: