Thursday, September 8, 2011

My Food Blog...Tomato/Basil Pasta Recipe

Okay here is my second attempt at a food blog, people have suggested I do one, but I didn't understand it the first time, so here goes again. I've had this recipe for quite awhile and don't even remember where I got it from. It is a simple pasta recipe that I make for my family at mealtimes and since I'm still new at trying to blog about my food dishes, I thought easy would be best for now...lol. This recipe has various ways you can make it and is very yummy, especially if you love pasta like I do...my husband calls me the pasta queen...lol

~Tomato/Basil Pasta~
Ingredients: 8 ounces pasta of your choice (or more depending on the size of your family)
1 cup diced tomatoes
3 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp dried basil or fresh sweet basil
1/4 tsp salt
some people like Mrs. Dash or a pinch of pepper for more flavor and spice...I usually don't.
(optional: 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese and grated parmesan cheese)

First I picked fresh tomatoes from my garden...Mmmmm...





Then chop about one cup of tomatoes or more depending on what you like...
Next I picked fresh sweet basil from my herb garden...chop up into small pieces...






Put in bowl and add olive oil and salt...Mix all together...as you can see I had a little helper...











You can either add those ingredients and toss with your pasta or you can cook them slightly in a skillet like I did. It makes a nice chunky "sauce".






Add pasta of your choice to boiling water...






My family likes this kind of rotini pasta the best...sweet little hands...awwww...







After pasta is cooked until tender but not overdone..rinse in warm water...






Toss everything together...(add shredded mozzerella cheese if you want or not if you want it vegan...I've done it both ways.)







Sprinkle with parmesan cheese is also optional...







And than enjoy with your favorite veggie and/or salad, and bread if desire...
Yummy!! Perfect food for little ones who sometimes use the fork and sometimes use fingers...lol






My little boy loves eating it and he had fun "helping mommy cook." :-)






Please let me know if you like my food blog and what kind of recipes you are interested in...Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice!! I like all the cute helper shots. :) Sounds like a delicious easy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED your food blog sis!!!! And the recipe looks so simple! I love simple...simple is the deciding factor on if I actually try the recipe myself or not. ha

    ReplyDelete